It’s no secret that I love oats. I have them for breakfast every morning so I am always looking for ways to change things up. With the cooler days creeping in I put the chefs cap on and created these banana and blueberry baked oats. A quick, easy and WARM breakfast that I can whip up in under 15 minutes. They are perfect for a cool winters morning, but even better, a great on the go brekky with minimal washing up!
The texture is similar to a fluffy muffin with a delicious crunchy top, sweet pops of blueberry and a warm toasty cinnamon flavour. Paired with a big dollop of greek yoghurt, this breakfast really does have it all.
Baking these oats in the air fryer means you don’t have to preheat the whole oven for just one single serve. If you are cooking in the airfyer you can cover the bowl with alfoil for the first 10 minutes and take the alfoil off for the remaining 5 minutes. This will even out the cooking process as the air fryer tends to cook faster than the oven.
If you want to see how I made these banana and blueberry baked oats, check out my reel on instagram!
Banana and Blueberry Baked Oats
- ½ ripe banana mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/essence
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- In a small oven proof bowl, mix the mashed banana, egg white, almond butter, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together with a fork.
- Add the oats and baking soda and mix well to combine.
- Top with the frozen blueberries.
- Bake in the air fryer or oven on 180°C for 12-15 minutes. You will know it is ready when the centre is set and the top is golden. TIP: If you are cooking in the airfyer you can cover the bowl with alfoil for the first 10 minutes and take the alfoil off for the remaining 5 minutes. This will even out the cooking as the airfryer tends to cook faster than the oven.
- Serve with greek yoghurt for ultimate yumminess!
If you love this recipe, try giving these apple blueberry baked oats a go! They are perfect for meal prep and will give you brekky all week long.
Leave a Reply