If it wasn’t quite obvious with the abundance of sweet breakfast recipes in my collection (like my baked apple crumble oats), I have a morning sweet tooth. I love all things oats, granola, pancakes and smoothies in the morning and it normally always involves bananas. But when I buy a bunch of bananas there is just no way for me to eat them quick enough before they ripen. Sooooo, cue banana bread granola!
This granola is so delicious, clusters of golden oats, cripsy nuts and seeds and a warm cinnamon vanilla after taste. Have I convinced you yet?
This banana bread granola goes perfectly with yoghurt and fresh fruit or try it for some added crunch on your next smoothie bowl! I love having homemade granola on hand for when my afternoon cravings kick in. I whip up a quick smoothie, sprinkle some granola on top and BAM you have a 10/10 arvo snack. Instantly lifted with a hit of granola and sure to keep you going until dinner time.
Banana Bread Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup flaxseed/linseed meal
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Mayver's tahini
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Queen vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 180° celcius. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the banana, rice malt syrup, tahini, vanilla and cinnamon. Mash together using a fork or wooden spoon until combined.
- Add the remaining (dry) ingredients to the bowl and mix the granola together. The mixture will be quite wet and form clusters which is great and exactly what you want.
- Tip the granola onto the lined baking tray and spread out evenly, careful not to break up those beautiful granola clusters too much.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. I like to move the granola around on the tray at the halfway cooking mark just to make sure it is cooking evenly.
- For super crispy granola, turn the oven off and let the granola sit in the warm oven (with the door slightly ajar) until it cools down. Let the granola cool and store in an airtight container. Serve with yoghurt and fresh fruits or on top of a smoothie bowl!
Christina Milton says
Wow wow wow everything looks so yummy!!! Can’t wait to taste some of these beautiful recipes 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Thanks so much! Can’t wait for you to try them 🙂