This blueberry almond mug cake is the perfect after dinner treat for the apple crumble lovers, those trying to give the chocolate a break, or general lovers of dessert. It’s a fluffy almond cake with sweet pops of blueberry, served best with a dollop of yoghurt.
Made with a mix of almond meal, almond milk and almond butter it is full of nutty goodness. But you can substitute any of these for alternatives you have on hand. Don’t have almond butter, try cashew butter or peanut butter. This recipe is super versatile!
My first mug cake on this site was an absolute rave, I don’t think I have ever had such good feedback on a recipe before. So this blueberry mug cake has big shoes to fill. Big, big shoes! But I think I’ve done it, a sweet, delicious after dinner treat just over 200 calories (so it won’t break the guilt bank).
Blueberry Almond Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour I used buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup I used "Queen Sugar Free Maple Syrup"
- ⅛ tsp baking powder or one large pinch
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- Add all ingredients except for the blueberries into a mug and mix well to combine.
- Add the frozen blueberries and push into the cake mixture.
- Cook in the microwave for approximately 90 seconds. This time may vary depending on your microwave.
- I serve with greek yoghurt,yummo! You can try serve with ice cream or even custard!
Leave a Reply