Tried and tested, these are hands down the best white chocolate and macadamia cookies. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, just the way a cookie should be. Rave reviews from my friends include:
“The best cookie I have ever had!”
“The most delicious morsel I have ever tasted.”
“Seriously the best thing ever!”
Have I convinced you yet?
Although these cookies don’t fall into the “healthy dessert” category, what is life without a bit of balance. I sure as sugar don’t plan on going through life without a cuppa tea and one of these cookies, and neither should you.
TIP: the longer you let the cookies chill in the fridge the more the flavour will deepen and develop. But if you are impatient like me you can bake these straight away.
Chewy White Chocolate And Macadamia Cookies
- 125 grams salted butter, room temperature if you use unsalted just add a pinch of salt to the dough
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped macadamias
- ¼ cup shredded coconut I use moist flakes
- OPTIONAL: I toast the macadamias and coconut in a pre-heated 180°C oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden. This gives the cookies a deeper, more toasted flavour but is completely optional.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, sugars and vanilla together until pale and creamy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add the egg into the butter mixture and beat on high until combined.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder using a spatula. Careful not to over mix the dough at this step. Fold in the chocolate chips, macadamias and coconut.
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for approximately 2 hours. You can leave it overnight for a richer flavour or skip this step altogether if you are in a hurry.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking tray being careful to leave enough space between the cookies to allow them to spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies have started to go golden.
- Be sure to crack one open when they are fresh from the oven, enjoy!