It has taken me a lot of recipe testing to get the perfect chocolate brownie mug cake but it’s here! A long, delicious process that I am happy to do for the team.
This brownie mug cake is rich, fudgey, soft and oozes with melted chocolate. Could it get any better? Well it can be made gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan! No eggs, no sugar, no worries. Under 200 calories for that perfect post dinner dessert. Top it with yoghurt and strawberries for added deliciousness, or ice cream for that extra indulgent treat.
I can’t recommend this mug cake enough. It is perfect to curb those chocolate cravings and can be made in under 5 minutes. Stop reading and start cooking friends, it’s mug cake time!
Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
- 1 tbs buckwheat flour see notes
- 1½ tbs cacao or cocoa
- 1 tbs almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 tbs maple syrup I used Queen sugar free maple syrup
- ½ tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch baking powder helps to make the brownie fluffy but you only need a pinch (approx 1/8 tsp)
- chocolate chips approx 10 chocolate chips if you're sticking to the nutritional content information below
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a mug and combine using a spoon/fork.
- Mix in the chocolate chips or sprinkle on top.
- Cook in a microwave for approximately 40 seconds. Check and if the top seems uncooked it may need 10-20 seconds more. The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave.The less you cook it the fudgier the brownie will be so I like to err on the side of undercooked.