These fruit mince cinnamon swirls are a festive spin on a traditional treat. Barker’s absolutely delicious fruit mince is the star of this recipe. The flavours of brandy, rum and Christmas spices pair perfectly with almond butter, rolled into golden sheets of puff pastry. Eaten warm and crispy from the oven these are a great addition to your dessert table.
Christmas time is always so busy. These 5 ingredient fruit mince cinnamon swirls are a quick and easy recipe you can make for your Christmas dessert platter. From start to finish you will have these beauties up and ready to serve in 30 minutes! You can pre make and roll the swirls and store them in the freezer until you are ready to serve. That way you can have hot, flakey fruit mince cinnamon pastry swirls ready after 20 minutes in the oven.
Fruit Mince Cinnamon Swirls
- 2 sheets pre-made puff pastry
- ¼ cup Barker's fruit mince
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 1 beaten egg for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond butter, fruit mince and cinnamon.
- Lay two sheets of frozen puff pastry down onto a cutting board. Spread out the fruit mince/almond butter mixture over the two sheets and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top.
- Once the puff pastry is slightly thawed, roll both pastry sheets up, one at a time. This will form 2 large "logs".
- NOTE: I brushed the egg wash onto the pastry before I cut the swirls to save a bit of time. You can either do this or brush each swirl after they are cut. Make sure the pastry is still really cold before you cut the swirls. You can place it back in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting if your pastry has thawed too quickly.
- Cut the logs into 1cm wide sections which should give you about 10 fruit mince swirls per "log". Lay the swirls onto the baking tray and brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- OPTIONAL: a dust of icing sugar on top of the swirls is a great finishing touch that looks and tastes delicious!