These no-bake chocolate coconut brownies are both crunchy and chewy with a rich, velvety flavour that will leave you wanting more. The only thing better than their flavour is how simple they are to make, all you need is a food processor! 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to set in the freezer and you will have a delicious sweet treat on your hands.
These brownies store really well in the freezer, so when you feel the sweet cravings crawling in you will always have something on hand. I actually prefer to eat them straight from the freezer, it makes the brownies extra crunchy!
Naturally sweetened with dates and maple syrup I took the guilt out of this sweet treat. They are also gluten free and vegan, perfect for all tummies and diets! If you’re still not convinced, scroll down and look at the deliciousness. Time to get that booty in the kitchen and whiz these babies up!
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 15 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil doesn't need to be melted
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Line an 8" square cake tin with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients for the brownie base in a food processor and mix on high until combined. After a minute or two the mixture will come together and form a thick dough consistency.
- Press the mixture into the lined cake tin and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave proof bowl or mug, careful not to overheat.
- Add the cacao, maple syrup and vanilla to the coconut oil and whisk until combined.
- Pour and spread the icing over the brownie base. Sprinkle the coconut on top of the icing while it is still soft.
- Place the brownie in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until set. Enjoy!