Being in Australia it is practically summer year round so there is never an excuse not to have a smoothie bowl. As I write this it is winter and I have already had 3 this week!
This summer smoothie bowl not only looks amazing but it is sweet, zingy and deeeelicious. It is naturally sweetened with fruits, has hidden veggies and can be topped with anything your heart desires…(mine always desires peanut butter but I thought I’d mix it up for once).
I find the addition of strawberries in this smoothie to be the real kicker! Strawberries add such a rich sweetness that I don’t think any other berry gives so if you are making any substitutions try not to sub the strawbs.
You can leave out the cauliflower, this is just my sneaky way of adding veggies to my breakfast without any sacrifice for taste or texture. But before you knock it, try it. It may surprise you and your gut will thank you for giving it the goods.
Summer Smoothie Bowl
- 70 grams frozen strawberries
- 70 grams frozen banana
- 70 grams frozen mango
- 70 grams frozen dragonfruit
- 70 grams frozen cauliflower
- ½ cup coconut water add more if needed
- Blend all ingredients in a blender on high until combined. Add more coconut water if needed to work the mixture together.
- Top with your favourite smoothie toppings and enjoy!